Monday, September 17, 2007

Are you allowed to throw a tantrum if you're not?

Are you smaaaaaarter than a fifth graaaader?

Does anyone have high hopes for this show?

I have to admit, the promos initially grabbed me. What does HTML stand for? (Hackneyed Television Made for Losers? I can't remember.)

But now, I just feel sad.

Sad, because I know that in 10 years' time, these Fifth Graders will end up on a hideous Where Are They Now show where they'll bitch about Rove exploiting all their glorious 10-year-old potential.

And somehow, somewhere, I'll feel compelled to watch it.

And another thing -- the term 'Fifth Grader' is so American. Can't we at least half-sing, half-whine "Are you smaaaaarter than a kid who's in Year Fiiiiiiive?"

P.S. Does it make me smarter than a kid in Year Five if I'm over the fact the cool girl never let anyone else role-play the Pink Power Ranger on the school oval at lunchtime? Hmm...

3 comments:

Hungry Hungry Hypocrite said...

You can probably answer that question definitively by turning the TV off. Each time that happens, a little bit of Rove dies! Good, hopefully he'll be reunited with his wife soon.

Girl Monday said...

Maybe if I clap my hands and recite, "I don't believe in Rove" five times, it'll happen. :)

redcap said...

You never told me you actually posted! Gypped!

Plus, Rove is a faithless sack of shit. The ink was barely even dry on the New Weeklies that claimed he'd love her til eternity before he started shagging someone else. Clap hard, harriet. Clap hard!